Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Secret Commission

Here it is!  ... the secret commission I was working on last week. 

A friend(Darrell Rollins) asked me to paint this painting for his wife (Sonya) as an anniversary present. He had seen my painting.."The Edge of Blues" that I painted of my husband...Brent.  (below)



Commissions can strike fear into my artist heart, because I am creating something on demand.  I have gotten used to them and enjoy commissions. But... I always have just a bit more fear when starting a commission of someone that I know.  Will I really be able to catch the likeness?  I have learned over the years to let go of what I think the person looks like, and paint the shapes and shadows.  It always works.  I am happy with how it turned out and so was my friends.  

The photo for the painting of Darrell was taken by Misty Buhrmester. You can see some of her photos here. She is new to photography, but I love what she does.

Happy Anniversary to a great couple!


No comments:

Post a Comment