Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

In the class room

Lucky Leprechauns



Happy St. Patrick's Day.
This week at Magnolia Woods Elementary(where I teach art all year) the Pre-K classes and I learned about leprechauns.
We read a story about Too Many Leprechauns by Stephen Krensky.  In the story we found out why all the leprechauns were keeping the villagers awake...and why there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.  
Then I showed all my fun friends how to draw a leprechaun using simple shapes. We used a U shape to start off with then added rectangles to create a hat, circles for eyes and nose, another U for the mouth and the triangles for his shirt.   These lucky leprechauns were drawn by my students most of them are 4 years old.  I am pretty impressed as usual.  Of course I think my kiddos are the best artist in the world.
So, I leave you with a Irish saying...
"May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks. May your heart be as light as a song. May each day bring you bright, happy hours. That stay with you all the year long."

No comments:

Post a Comment